Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sometimes i Procrastinate

Definition Poem that was due for P. Schultz a month ago.

Home as Defined by a Nerd+ the American Heritage Dictionary

Home (hōm) n.
The Milky Way Galaxy,
Just the right spot, the sweet spot,
Home: Planet Earth, the Pacific Ocean, Hawaiian Islands, Oahu—
the gathering place.
Home is in my head, so I’m home no matter where I am.
I felt at home in NY, all the crabby cabbies and cops.
I felt at home in San Diego, gaslamps and comic cons.
I felt at home in LA, little Asiantowns and hobos,
Everywhere Golden Retrievers and mini marts.

1. Honolulu, HI
2. Varsity Ave.
3. Coolidge St.
4a. Glazers as a Sanctuary
4b. Seoul, my heart and soul, Queen of Hearts, My Mother Tongue Tied Motherland.

A Home can be where someone is cared for.
I made a home for my sisters,
my mother, my father can repose.
A place to return to, I would cook for you.
For Me a bed,
lazy sofa or tub tile floor lying.
The year I moved out was the year I surrendered and decided to thrive.
And now, I too am alive in my own place, my own space, my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment